Monday, September 7, 2009

Preparing to start Atkins Diet to kick start Weight Loss Plan

I have done Atkins before after having my 2nd baby & I am going to give it a whirl again after Baby #3. I couldn't do it forever as a forever lifestyle, but it is a great kickstart to take the weight off and then I can maintain it in a non-atkins lifestyle.

So, here are my suggestions to prepare to get ready to do the Atkins thing. Take a full week - 7 days to prepare for your Atkins plan. Print out the Phase 1 List of Acceptable foods below and really study that list and go grocery shopping and buy things off this list. You want to be prepared from Day 1 to have the Acceptable Foods in your house. This will help so much with any temptations. If you have the foods stocked in your fridge that you can eat, it will make things so much easier on yourself.

Secondly, you should eat some of the items that you will not be able to eat for a while to sorta get it out of your system. So, don't gain 10 pounds the week before starting with your Atkins Induction, but eat a chocolate bar or ice cream or have a cookie. It makes it easier if you know that you had your last junk food the week before instead of lamenting once you start "I don't know when the last time I had pie was & now I can't have it for weeks!"