Thursday, January 22, 2009

Community Recreation Classes - Move More - 2009.Jan.22.


Move More.

Community Recreation Classes.

Sign up now for an inexpensive way to bring recreation to your life so you can Move More ! Just type into Google: "Community Recreation Classes [your city, state]" and a listing for your city or nearby city should come up. You can also call your city offices and ask them if they have a recreation catalog of programs. Your local library is another fantastic resource.

Aren't your kids signed up for everything and anything ? How many nights and days a week are your kids doing activities ? How many days are you doing something for yourself ? Imagine one night doing something physical for yourself, being by yourself for a couple of hours, spending time with you - a person, not a mom, not a dad, not a businessperson, not an employee, not a boss, just yourself.

Do you want to dust off your tennis racquet like me and get ready for some fun this summer? Maybe you want to brush up on your swimming strokes so you can go to those exercise swimming lanes at the health club and feel confident about your skills? Or maybe you want to join a Learn to Run or 5K Run Club and train with a group of people like yourself?

Devote one evening a week to a fun recreation course for yourself. Your husband and kids will survive without you one night ! I really enjoyed a Learn to Run class this fall and it really motivated me to run during the week so I could keep up at class on Wednesdays. Our last night we did a 5K run in 50 minutes and I survived. I also did a 5K Santa Shuffleabout a month later in 43 minutes ! I couldn't have done it without Rob, one of my running partners from my class - he runs much faster than I, but stuck with me the whole race so I wouldn't finish last ! Thanks Rob ! I was also joined by my husband with our 1 year old in the stroller for the last lap which was super motivating !