Sunday, January 25, 2009

Get Up & Get Out - Even if it is Cold ! - Move More - 2009.Jan.25.

Move More.

Brrr ! Boy, is it cold out there !

It was 3 degrees Farenheit today, but felt like -7 degrees. Our family wanted to go rent some movies. So, I had the brilliant idea that we should walk to the movie store because I have jogged there and I think it something like a mile there and a mile back.

So, my husband and I bundled up the 1 year old baby, 7.5 year old, and 10 year old and the whole family headed out for a walk. Halfway there, we realized neither one of us told our 7.5 year old to put on her snowpants, so she was getting cold. She got a few piggyback rides from my husband while I pushed the baby in the stroller, and my 10 year old threw the football around and zig-zagged like a puppy in the snow all the way there.

My 7.5 year old and baby are dog lovers. So, it was great anytime we saw dogs or puppies - many of which had sweaters on. We saw a beautiful lab/border collie mix 4 month old puppy that was adorable and the kids went wild for.

We got to take a break at the movie store and everyone got to pick their own non-new release movie for 99 cents. The walk home was dark because of the sun sets so soon. Boy, did I walk quickly. My husband said to my son that he has never seen Maria and I walk soo fast. Well, I had the winter wind shield on the stroller to keep the baby warm, but Maria and I wanted to boogie home as fast as we could to get out of the dark and cold and to warm us up by walking fast.

I feel great that we got out and sucked in gobs of fresh oxygenated air after being in that stale winter in the house air all day, got some blood flowing to our entire bodies with exercise, and did good for the environment by not using our car.

Is there somewhere you can walk today instead of driving ? Can you make it a family fun event ?