Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Favorite Salty Snacks - Eat More - 2009.Jan.24.


Eat More.

Salty Snacks - Gotta Love Them !


So, I love salty snacks. So, I thought that I would look at a few of my favorites, their ingredient list, and Nutrition info.

Lay's Original Wavy Plain Chips
Ingredient List: Potatoes, Sunflower Oil, Salt
Nutrition Info: 280 Calories, 19 Chips, 18 grams Fat, 220mg Sodium, 3 grams Protein

BetterMade Butter Braided Pretzels
Ingredient List: Wheat Flour, Salt, Vegetable Oil, Artificial Butter Flavoring, Corn Syrup, Yeast
Nutrition Info: 110 Calories, 22 Pretzels, 1.5 grams Fat, 390 mg Sodium, 3 grams Protein

SunChips - Harvest Cheddar
Ingredient List: Whole Corn, Sunflower Oil, Whole Wheat, Rice Flour, Whole Oat Flour, Maltodextrin, Salt, Cheddar Cheese, Whey, Buttermilk, and other stuff.
Nutrition Info: 140 Calories, 15 Chips, 6 grams Fat, 160 mg Sodium, 2grams Protein

SmartFood Popcorn - Cheddar Cheese
Ingredient List: Popcorn, Vegetable Oil, Cheddar Cheese (the real stuff !), Whey, Buttermilk, Salt, and Disodium Phosphate

Nutrition Info: 160 Calories, 1.75 cups, 10 grams Fat, 290mg Sodium, 3 grams Protein


Hum? Time to find some more salty snacks. I do like cheese and crackers for a snack too. I do agree with the portion sizes that each company determined. All of my snacks were under 200 calories except the potato chips. This research inspires me to put the potato chips last on my list. So, do your research on your favorite snacks and maybe you will be influenced to purchase one over the other and make a healthier choice.