Saturday, January 31, 2009

Work Out Wear for Winter Weather - Move Move - 2009.Jan.31.

Move Move.

Work Out Wear for Winter Weather.

I went out running today. I haven't been in a long time. I chose to run the movies back to the rental store instead of driving. It is exactly 1 mile each way. There's a bit of uphill on the way and I always seem to forget that until I am shuffling up that hill.

I found some great and inexpensive winter running gear when I was shopping around in the Fall. I took a 12 week Learn to Run class and needed some gear besides my yoga pants and sweatpants, especially when it started to get colder. I searched high and low for these items because I wanted high performance and a great fit at a good price.

LOWER HALF
I wear these running tights made out of 86% polyester and 14% spandex. I looked all over for different tights and the best ones were the Athletic Works brand sold at Wal-Mart for $12.96. They were even better than the $80 pair I tried ! I was pleasantly surprised. I got these in a size smaller than I am currently. I am a size 16-18 right now and am an extra large. In these tights, I got a large that worked better and fit better since they are an underlayer for me.

Then, I wear a pair of microfleecy pants made out of 100% micro fleece polyester. Again, I looked all over for this second layer and found the ones by the Athletic Works brand at Wal-Mart were the best and most comfortable. They also only cost $12.96. I got these fleecy pants in my size of extra large they are my outer layer and run true to size.

UPPER HALF
First off, I wear my Panache High Impact Sports Bra, Model #2001. I need to really contain those girls. I am a 34G -yes, that's right ! I love this workout bra. It fits great and looks great. I got my bra at Bravo Intimates in Royal Oak Michigan. The owner, Rebecca, hooked me up. I cannot workout without this bra.

Then, I put on this compression workout tank top. I again really looked all over for a suck you in tank top made of lycra or spandex to hold it all in while I ran. Again, I lucked out at Wal-Mart of all places. I almost never fit in a shelf bra and had no problems with this one. It has like these gussets or extra lycra underneath the shelf bra and on the sides. I don't have the tags or name of this one and I think this cost $19.99. It is worth every penny !

After this layer, I wear an Under Armour black longsleeve super comfortable top - that I actually got at a resale store. It is a super soft cotton breathable non-compression top.

If it's really cold out like it was for the Santa Shuffle 5K Run in December 2008 of this year that I ran - Then I put on one more long sleeve shirt.

After this layer, I wear a fleecy quarter zip sweatshirt in a bright color so I can be seen while running.

Last on the top half is an outwear nylon slightly puffy vest - black on the outside and purple on the inside. I got this at Kohl's for $24.99 by Sonoma. They had $60-$80 vests by Chaps and other brands. I didn't want to spend that much for a running vest. I chose a vest because I didn't think I could run with my arms all bundled up too.